Wednesday 4 March 2015

Baked Oatmeal!

Guys I have discovered my absolute favourite breakfast of all time. BAKED OATMEAL!! I finally got around to whipping up a batch and its official I'm hooked. It is literally the best thing on earth. Here is the recipe so you guys can jump on board my new obsession.

Ingredients-  
2 eggs
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of cinnamon 
1 1/2 tsp salt 
1 1/4 cups of milk
1/4 cup of butter(melted, I used salted but I don't think it matters) 
3 cups of rolled oats 
**I added walnuts and chocolate chips to mine but you can literally add whatever you would like before baking and afterwards**

Directions- preheat your oven to 350 and butter an 8 by 8-inch baking dish for later. 
In a large bowl mix together the eggs then add in the brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt, wisk together until no lumps remain. Stir in the melted butter and milk and then add the oats. Now you bake it for 30-40 mins until it has set(you can also store it In the fridge overnight and bake the next day if desired)

After you remove it from the oven you can serve it warm and add whatever toppings you like. Berries,honey,milk,cream,maple syrup,chocolate chips, nuts, you name it, it's entirely up to you. I hope you guys enjoy this recipe, let know below how you liked it!
This is how mine turned out, unfortunately I couldn't get the pic before my Fam had already started digging in.

No comments:

Post a Comment