Monday 2 March 2015

Red Queen(aka My New Obsession)

Hey guys!! So I am officially in love with a new trilogy, Red Queen. It is so amazing. I just finished the Selection Series and was looking for a new one to help cure my book hangover and I think I've found it. This is honestly such a unique, fantastic debut. I couldn't put it down and even got my mom hooked. Here is a fantastic description of the debut novel in the trilogy, 

""Mare Barrow’s world is divided by blood—those with red and those with silver. Mare and her family are lowly Reds, destined to serve the Silver Elite whose supernatural abilities make them nearly gods. Mare steals what she can to help her family survive, but when her best friend is conscripted into the army, she gambles everything to win his freedom. A twist of fate leads her to the royal palace itself where, in front of the king and all his nobles, she discovers a superhuman ability she didn’t know she had.

Except . . . her blood is Red.

To hide this impossibility, the king forces her into the role of a lost Silver princess and betroths her to one of his own sons. As Mare is drawn further into the Silver world, she risks her new position to aid the Scarlet Guard—the leaders of a budding Red rebellion. Her actions put into motion a deadly and violent dance, pitting prince against prince and Mare against her own heart.""


 The characters in my opinion could have used a tiny bit more description because I had a hard time picturing Mare, Cal, and Maven but other than that it was completely captivating and I couldn't stop until I was done. I loved their personalities and they were all very easy to relate to especially Mare, she is a great female protagonist. The plot to was well written and will keep you intrigued until the very end. The twist in the book will literally blow your mind. I'm definitely team Cal becaus he is so sweet and you can see how much he clearly cares for Mare.

The author,Victoria Aveyard I think did a brilliant job with her debut novel. It was everything you need in a good book. Plus, she is a New England Patriots fan so hello who couldn't love her? She is definitely my new favorite author and this is definitely my new favourite trilogy. I highly, highly recommended this novel for anyone looking for a new obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment