Thursday 5 February 2015

Pakistan

In honour of throwback Thursday I thought I would throwback to my trip to Pakistan last spring! My family and I stopped into Pakistan on our way to Europe to visit my dads side of the family. It had been about 6 years since the last time we'd been there so I didn't remember that much about it. It was a great trip though I loved seeing all my family, I have over 50 cousins and around 16-17 aunts and uncles. There's definitely never a dull moment! My grandparents live out in the country in a little village so we have to drive from Islamabad(capital city) to the village which takes around 6 hours. Not my favorite part of the trip I'll have to admit, after flying for almost 24 hrs a 6 hr drive is the last thing you want to do. I usually just stick on some music and sleep. Once we get to the village our whole GIANT family is waiting at our grandparents house to meet us which is amazing yet kind of overwhelming because of how many people there are. Plus I mean we look awful from all the traveling so the last thing you want to do is be surrounded by people you haven't seen in years. I love being out in the country though, we have a huge wheat field in the back and I love to go out there. It's the most relaxing place in the whole house.  They don't have stoves so we have to cook on fire, which for 2-3 weeks is actually fun but I don't think I could do it forever. My grandparents also have tons of chickens and goats so naturally we have baby chicks and baby goats every time we go and they are absolutely precious. One of the biggest downsides of the village is that there are no toilets. This is literally the worst because all we have is a hole in the ground where you squat. Luckily they have toilet paper which kind of helps make the squat hole a tiny bit better. Going to Pakistan definitely makes me appreciate my very blessed life I have here. We take so many things for granted, simple things like stoves and actual toilets. Many people in the village can hardly afford food for their families let alone luxuries like tvs, iPhones, and computers. It's a very humbling and eye opening experience to see just how blessed we all are to have all these normal everyday luxuries that people over there will never have. My parents and I actually started a school in our village for all the girls and boys who couldn't afford to pay for school and it is thriving! We have over 100 kids and growing. I will be writing a post on our visit to the school soon.  Here are some pics from our trip I hope you guys enjoy them! 

Here is myself and two of my favourite little cousins.
 Two of of my favorite little girl cousins. 
Me and my dad. 
My aunt and I working on dinner, this is our "stove"
Wheat Field, which I'm twinning with!! 
Taking a ride to the market with my little cousin. 
Did a little impov Photoshoot in the wheat field because "hey, why not?"  
My precious baby cousin!! 
Henna! 

No comments:

Post a Comment