Tuesday 17 February 2015

Power Snack!

I have literally found the perfect snack guys. Like it is so versatile and can be used as a pre or post workout snack, it's low cal and loded with protein. It is Cottage Cheese!!! I'm kind of obsessed like I'm not gonna lie I go through about a tub of cottage cheese a week. It's such a healthy low cal snack. Half a cup is only 100 calories and you get 15 grams of protein! My favorite brand is the Nordica.
I thought I would just share a few different ways you can try it so that you guys could hop aboard this cottage cheese obsession with me. Here are the recipes. 
This is one of my personal favourites. You take strawberries(or any fruit of choice.) and then add a little honey to sweeten the cottage cheese up. It's so simple and delicious. 
If you're having more of a sweet tooth you can try this recipe. Just add some dark chocolate chips,dried cranberries, and walnuts. This is packed with goodness yet totally satisfies your sweet tooth.
This is similar to the recipe above except I used pineapple instead of strawberries and because the pineapple is so sweet you don't need the added honey. 
Another great way to get in some cottage cheese is throw it into a smoothie. This is good for people like my mom who can't stand to look at it. You still get all the protein from it, and it makes your smoothie extra creamy. Plus you can't even tell its in there. 


These recipes are so filling yet light enough to have before you hit the gym and they will definitely help you power through your workout. I hope you guys like these and if you try them out let me know. I know I'm hooked. 


No comments:

Post a Comment