Thursday 5 February 2015

Sweet Potato Chips

Okay so I am kind of obsessed with making homemade Sweet Potato Chips right now. I've always loved them and used to buy the Terra brand but now that I've tried making them I'm in love. I bake mine in the oven and the come out amazing. I let mine stay a little softer but you could crunch them up as much as you'd like, it's totally up to you. They are such a healthy snack, Plus this way they aren't fried which makes them much healthier and it's cheaper too.  Here's how what you do 

Take a sweet potato and slice them into really thin slices, I use a mandolin because they have to be thin. Then toss them with some grape seed oil, salt and pepper(you can use any seasoning you'd like really it's endless possibilities) then lay the chips on a baking sheet lined with foil and grease lighty with either coconut or grasps seed oil. Place them in a oven heated to 350 for around 40-60 mins depending on how crunchy you want them. And voila your very own healthy sweet potato chips. Enjoy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment