Monday 2 February 2015

Weekend Recovery Smoothie

Okay so you partied a little too hard this weekend and slacked on your eating habits a bit but now it's Monday and you want a push in the right direction. Don't worry we've all been there. Super bowl party food is heavenly how can we resist? Especially when your team wins *cough cough* for the FOURTH time!! *cough cough* and you want to celebrate with a sundae? Well I have just the thing to get you back on track and that is my Recovery Smoothie. Here's what you'll need,

Ingredients-
1 cup of kale(I used baby but you can use whatever)
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup strawberries
1 cup of almond milk
1/2 a banana(I freeze mine before hand to make my smoothie thicker but it's completely optional)
1/4 cup of mango
I scoop of protein powder( I used the vega protein powder because it's my favorite and you get an extra 2 servings of veggies in it but you can use whichever kind you have.) 

This smoothie is loaded with debloating fruit like blueberries plus the fibre from the kale and the protein will help keep you full. Also did you know tha strawberries were actually shown to help burn stored fat? This smoothie will definitely help you recover from your weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment