Monday 12 January 2015

Healthy Chocolate Truffles

Hey Guys!
So today I thought I would share one of my ALL time favorite recipes with you all. I came up with this recipe about 2 years ago when I was just beginning my journey to healthier eating and changing my lifestyle. As the title implies the recipe is Healthy Chocolate Truffles. Im not even kidding guys once you have these you will be hooked for life. I have made them for my entire family and they request them "all" the time because they are really that amazing and really simple to make. Its only 3 ingredients and all healthy, whole foods. Here is the recipe and directions. Also, you can store these truffles in a sealed storage bowl for up to 2weeks in the fridge.

Ingredients-
1-2 cups of pitted dates(if you are pitting them that is about 20-25 dates depending on how big a batch you want to make, also depending on if you are using Medjool dates or not)
1-2 TBLS of melted coconut oil
2-3 TBLS of cocoa powder depending on how strong a chocolate flavour you want, 2 is usually enough for me.
Half a cup of almonds or walnuts*This step is totally optinal, I will sometimes add walnuts for my mom because she says its like having a bite-sized brownie. Other times i leave them plain for my brother who is allergic to nuts.*
Directions-
In a food processor add all your ingredients including the nuts, if you chose to use them, and mix until everything is nice and combine. It should almost look like a chocolate dough by the end.
Then remove the mixture and roll into bite-sized balls. Place the balls on a cookie sheet lined with foil or parchment paper that has been lightly oiled with some coconut oil.
Place the cookie sheet in the fridge for 1-2 hrs and then enjoy.
**An optional step is you can roll these truffles in unsweetened shredded coconut, ground almonds, or cocoa powder before putting them in the fridge to cool.**


I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do and if you try it out let me know how you liked them. They are such a fantastic, healthy way to beat your sweet tooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment