Tuesday 13 January 2015

Transformation Tuesday


Hello Everyone!
Today I'm going to be sharing a little bit of my weightloss story. I am sharing it in the hopes that it will help inspire or at the very least motivate someone out there to start leading a healthier lifestyle. I just want to show you guys that you can lose weight in a healthy and very do-able way. You do not need some crazy diet or pills, just determination and some dumb-bells ;) Okay so lets get into then.


My weight loss journey started around the beginning of 2012, when I was 158 lbs and wearing a 2X. One day I basically woke up and decided that I was tired of eating junk and feeling bad. I wanted to feel better about how I looked in my clothes and how I felt about my myself all together. So from that day on I started running. At first I'll tell you it was a complete nightmare. I could only go for about 10 minutes before I felt like dying but everyday I kept doing my 10 minutes and soon that turned into 20, then 30, and so on.


After about 2 months of running I started to notice a few pounds come of but still nothing drastic like you hope would come from running your butt of everyday. That's when I decided to start looking at my diet. They say that losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise and that couldn't be more true guys. My family has always eaten pretty healthy but my biggest problem was portion control( nothing is that healthy that going back for thirds won't hurt you in trying to lose weight.) and snacking on the wrong foods. 


After I began to change my diet, that is when I really started to see results. I started cutting back my portions to healthy sizes and started snacking on fruits and veggies instead of candy and chips. I started eating salads, drinking smoothies, and I had never felt better. All this whole food gave me the strength and energy to run longer and even start yoga. After about 6 months I noticed a very pleasant change in my body. I was stronger, more in shape, and was down to 120 lbs and could fit in a size small! 



When I reached 120 I started to realized that my body was still flabby, not 156 flabby, but just not as toned as I would like to be. That's when I started incorporating strength training into my daily workouts.  I went and bought some light dumbbells and at first I was at a complete loss as to what to do with the stupid things. I'm not kidding i had no idea. I started going on YouTube and looking at workout videos that used dumbbells to get an idea and that helped me a lot. I realized that all cardio wouldn't give me the toning I wanted so I started doing a lot of workout videos to build some muscle. I continued a good mix of strength and cardio combined with eating healthy all the way into 2013 and the beginning of 2014. At the beginning of 2014 I weight 112 and had finally gained some muscle. I continued to eat healthy and control my portions but I had to increase my calories a little because of the strength training which meant upping portions. 



I am currently still 112 lbs and still building muscle. I continue to eat as healthy as I can, I do cheat every once and a while because hey life was meant to be enjoyed. I won't completely give of all my favourite foods, like pizza and chocolate cake, I just have them in moderation balanced out with all my whole foods. If you guys have any questions for me I'd be more than happy to answer them, just post them below! I hope my story will motivate you guys and show you that losing weight and becoming a healthier version of yourself is completely doable and that anyone, including you, can do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment