Wednesday 21 January 2015

Power Breakfast Smoothie

Morning guys!
Today I thought I would share the recipe for one of my all time favorite breakfast smoothies. I call it my Power Smoothie because it makes me feel so amazing and it keeps me full way into the afternoon. So here it is,

Ingredients-
1/4 cup of frozen mango
Half a banana(I freeze mine beforehand but that's completely optional)
1/4 cup of frozen blueberries 
1 to 1 1/2 cup of greens(these can be any greens of your choosing. I use a kale/swiss chard/spinach mix) 
1 scoop of protein powder( I use the vega protein powder in vanilla because it gives you extra greens and I like that it's plant based. I did a review on it a few posts back if you wanna check it out)
1tbsp of hemp seeds
1tsp of flax oil( this is optional but I like to throw it in sometimes

So there you go, that's my Power Smoothie. Just blend all that together and enjoy. Its a great breakfast any day especially if you're on the go and don't have time to sit down and eat a full breakfast. Plus it gives you a good dose of protein which helps keep you full until lunch and all the fruits and veggies keep you energized. If you try it let me know how you liked it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment