Monday 19 January 2015

My Workout Regimen

Hey Guys! I hope you are all having a great Monday! I know mine is going awesome, I'm still high off the Patriots win last night(I'm a total Pats fan girl). So anyway today I thought I would just explain to you guys what my workout regimen kind of is and the different things I do. I do not go to the gym so this is all stuff that I do at my home because I just never felt like I needed to go to a gym. So let's get into it. 

I try to do a lot of strength training/tons no workouts as I don't need to lose anymore weight. I'm just working on gaining muscle and toning. I do not lift very heavy because I'm a model and need very small lean muscles(but don't let that deceive you I am VERY strong and in shape). So I will usually do some dumbbell circuits, I find the best ones come from Popsugar Fitness, so I use a lot of their routines and videos. Here are some of the circuits I love to use, I will using use my 10 pound Dumbbells for these but on some moves I switch to my 5 pounds. 
So those are just a few of the strength training routines I do, like I said sometimes I do the Popsugar Fitness videos. Now on to Cardio.

For cardio I love doing the Cardio circuits from Popsugar Fitness(let's just say I'm basically obsessed with Popsugar okay?) I also like to do HIIT circuits because they are quick but still give you great results and a great workout. Also the combine strength training and cardio all in one which is great if you don't have much time.  Here are some examples of the cardio,

When I don't want to do these for cardio sometimes I'll just go for a good run because I LOVE to run and it's an amazing workout. 

Now one of my favorite workouts is definitely yoga. I am a total yogi. Yoga is so amazing for your body and mind plus it's great for people who travel a lot like me because it's quiet and you can do it in your hotel rooms without disturbing anyone. My favorite yoga to do is the Yogalosophy by Mandy Ingber, it's a hybrid yoga that combines toning excises with yoga and I'm obsessed with it. If you haven't heard of it definitely look it up. I also have some different yoga apps on my iPad that I like to use, one of my favourites is Simply Yoga. It's fantastic for beginners because it shows you through videos exactly how to do each pose. I definitely recommend that everyone try adding yoga into their fitness routines.

Well that's basically all guys, my fitness routine is pretty simple and straightforward. It's just a mix of strength training and cardio. Plus some yoga to keep me limber and flexible. If you have any questions feel free to comment below. -Alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment